Son of George M. Admire, Jr. (1760 - 1818)
and Ruth Jones ( -1812)
Click HERE for George & Ruth.
Born: Abt. 1793; Died before 1850
Married on January 10, 1812 to
Born: Abt. 1791; Died after 1860 in Lucas Co., Iowa
Daughter of Jacob Leamon
CHILDREN OF JESSE & NANCY:
1. MILDRED ADMIRE
Born 1812 in Kentucky or Indiana;
Died Oct. 20, 1874 in Putnam Co., Mo.
Married Daniel Sparks
2. HENRY ADMIRE
Born about 1815 in Henry Co., Kentucky
Died: May 25, 1890 in Whiteriver Twp.,
Johnson Co., Ind. Buried in Glenn's Graveyard
Johnson Co., Indiana.
Married on March 15, 1845 in Marion Co., Ind. to Mary Barrett
Born abt. 1829; Died March 28, 1857
(Marion Co. Marriage Records, Book 4, p. 188.
Isaac Barrett, her father, verbally consented.
She was 16 years of age and died at 28 yrs.)
Known children of Henry and Mary Admire:
(1) Thomas N. Admire (b. abt. 1847 in Indiana; 1860 census states that he was 13 and idiotic)
(2) William H. Admire (b. abt. 1850; 1860 census states that he was 10 and idiotic)
(3) Merrilla Admire (b. abt. 1853)
3. GEORGE ADMIRE
Born: August 10, 1822
Died: January , 1911 in Putnam Co., Mo.
Married on March 29, 1841 to Rosa Ann Sparks,
Daughter of George & Fanny Sparks.
Rosa Ann was born 1822/23; died Jan. 15, 1867
in Putnam Co., Mo.
Children of George and Rosa Ann Admire:
(1) Henry (b. 1846; d. 1846)
(2) Silas (b. 1842 in Ky); married Elizabeth Vinson
(3) Delilah (b. 7-26- 1844 in Brown Co., Ind.; d. 10-22-1922; buried in Pleasant Home Cemetery, Putnam Co., Mo.; Married on Dec 12, 1861 in Putnam Co., Mo. to Jacob Tietsort)
(4) Sarah A. (b. 5-13-1847 in Brown Co., Ind.; d. before 4-1927; married Henry Talkens and Hobbs)
(5) Ruth Ellen Admire (b. 2-1856 in Putnam Co., Mo; d. before 1827; married to Fry)
(6) James Admire (b. 4-6-1860 in Putnam Co., Mo.; d. 4-15-1927 in Putnam Co., Mo; married Lillian Harkin on 3-9-1887; Estate of James Admire: personal property $3,308.17; real estate N4SW4 Sec. 9 T 64 R 16 -- 40 acres, E2SW4 SW4 Sec 9 T 64 R R 16 -- 100 acres, Estate file dated May 9, 1929)
(7) Minerva Admire (b. 9-18-1852 in Brown Co., Ind.; d. 1927; married on 6-15-1873 to George W. West in Putnam Co., Mo.; 2nd husband: Barnhart)
(8) Nancy Admire (b. 2-1854 in Putnam Co., Mo; d. before 4-1927; 2nd husband: Gray)
(9) Jesse Admire (b. 9-1850 in Brown Co., Ind.; d. Before 4-1927; married on 9-5-1872 to Mary Ferguson in Putnam Co.,Mo.)
Note: Marriage license for George & Rosa Ann issued 4-24-1841 but marriage date not recorded, Book A, p. 84.
According to census information and birth date of children, George & Rosa Ann Admire left Brown Co., Indiana between 1852 and 1854 and moved to Putnam Co., Missouri. George Admire paid poll tax in Hamblen Twp, Brown Co. in 1848. George's estate was administered by Nancy E. Admire on Jan. 14, 1911. -- Book 1, p. 219, Putnam Co. Courthouse, Probate estate file #1818. Nancy asked that no letter of administration by issued since his estate did not exceed $400.
Bible & books - $5, Household goods - $100, Provisions - $25, Money in the bank - $120, Cash on hand - $11.25.
4. JACOB LEAMAN ADMIRE
Born: December 24, 1824, Lexington, Ky
Died: July 2, 1919; Buried in Grimes Cemetary,
Chariton, Iowa. Married on Dec. 15, 1849 in Brown Co., Ind. to
Mary Jane Callahan
Click HERE to see family of Jacob and Mary Jane.
5. NANCY ADMIRE
Married on February 12, 1839 to
Samuel Marney *
6. MARGARET ADMIRE
Married February 19, 1835 to
Daniel Tracey *
7. SARAH ADMIRE
Married on April 3, 1834 to
John Ellis *
8. RUTH ADMIRE
Married on November 15, 1832 to
James Grigsby *
9. FANNY ADMIRE
Married on September 4, 1831 to
James Curbox *
10. James Admire
Married Elizabeth Dean and Frances Snyder
* From Pioneer Marriages in Marion County, Indiana compiled by the DAR
Security bond by Jesse Admire, father of the brides.